INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
haldamos

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All,

I will be playing again at the Sangati Center. I will donate my (modest) proceeds to the relief effort in Haiti. Hope to see you there,

PH

http://www.sangaticenter.org/concerts.html

Friday January 22nd, 8pm

Prateek Haldar - sitar
Debopriyo 'Bubai' Sarkar - tabla

Prateek Haldar began learning the sitar at age 13 from Mr. Hamid Hossain. At age 17, he was invited to perform at Ustad Ali Akbar Khan's 75th Birthday Jubilee in San Rafael. He began intensive training in 2002 under renowned sitarist Ustad Shujaat Khan. Since then, Prateek has performed alongside his guru at concerts in New York, Toronto, Houston, San Jose, and Connecticut. In 2006 he performed at the All-Night Concert of Indian Classical Music in NYC's Cathedral of St. John the Divine.

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for the alert, Haldamos! Looking forward to attending!
anandvyasorg

Reply with quote  #3 
Wish I was there Bhai ~ I would most certainly come.
anju831

Reply with quote  #4 
hey,

i was wondering whats the deal with ticketing or seating? Ive been to the sangati center but they seemed kind of unorganized and they dont seem to answer emails very well.

I would love to come out to see you perform, but would hate to get there only to find out that theres no more seating, especially since ill be heading down on public transportation!

Any help would be great. Oh yea and will let people record?
Joshua Feinberg

Reply with quote  #5 
Good luck Prateekbhai. Break a leg! Please say 'hi' to Bubai for me.

Josh

haldamos

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the good wishes. I'm going to pay them forward-- I'll donate proceeds to the relief effort in Haiti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "anju831"
hey,

i was wondering whats the deal with ticketing or seating? Ive been to the sangati center but they seemed kind of unorganized and they dont seem to answer emails very well.

I would love to come out to see you perform, but would hate to get there only to find out that theres no more seating, especially since ill be heading down on public transportation!

Any help would be great. Oh yea and will let people record?
Anju,

The "tickets" are donations, sliding scale from 10 to 20 bucks i think. The seating is open. Last time, it got very crowded around 15 minutes after 8. So if you get there a few minutes before 8, you should be able to sit anywhere you want, and as a bonus, grab one of the house mats to sit on.

I don't mind recording at all, though I don't know if recording a performance of mine would be worth your trouble. If you do, maybe I could request a copy?!

Hope you can make it,

PH

Reply with quote  #7 
We had a totally packed house at Sangati, my sincere thanks to all who could attend. We raised a pretty decent amount for the relief effort in Haiti, and had a nice time in the process.

Thanks again,

Prateek

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.