INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #31 
NEELA - YOU'RE THE ONE!

You're the one who posted this before and I have been searching in vain to find one ever since. No matter who I've contacted no one has it in stock or they show it as discontinued. Even the origional company has had the same out til whenever message on their site for almost 2 years now. I am so glad you got one and it works. I just wish I could have one too.

H 8)

Reply with quote  #32 
Neela,
That is a very cool seat.
It looks like it would do the same thing as my wedge, but there is an added benefit of the hole at the back that allows room for your lower spine. This would take the pressure off the spine. Very beneficial.
Your seat is probably the best one.
I will get one of these and report back as to which is more effective.
Thanks for the link.
neela sangeeta

Reply with quote  #33 
Happy to be of service. As soon as I saw this Salubrian I thought that every Indian musician should get one. I also use on a chair while typing etc. I hope can find it. The link I posted earlier seems to be discontinued. Here is the new model
http://www.salubrion.com/products/l-100cs-seat.php
But that also seems to be sold out until summer. Maybe try giving them a call!

Good Luck and happy riyaz!

Neel
redtape

Reply with quote  #34 
Amazing seat Neela-Ji ~ Thank you, I am ordering one, i mean 30. These things are perfect
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #35 
Jeez, if I didn't know about the bad back thing I'd think you were all talking about having 'piles'.

Nick
redtape

Reply with quote  #36 
my dear Brother Nick a.k.a. "THE Original "Trippy" Monkey " I must incite a flame war by saying I very sincerely laughed out loud very hard AFTER reading what you wrote ~ its like it took me twice and a few glances above to see that profound sense of humor and "laid back" style that we have all grown to love over the years ~ in fact you may be the only person whom I have seen single handedly STOP a silly flame war more than once with just few words ~ and yes I may or may not have been involved in some of them ~ unintentionally I really think we need to see each others faces and real names on this Forum. It would help at the very least ~ myself ~ post in a more "diplomatic" way at times
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #37 
D@&%N TRIPSTER - I WET 'EM

Reply with quote  #38 
Hello! 

just made an account on here but google searched sitar sciatica pain & came across your forum. I was wondering what you found to provide you relief during your sitar practice? I am currently experiencing great pain at times & am looking to relieve the issue as soon as possible.

very much appreciate any advice you could give!

Best
Anthony Carrera
ThunderBass95

Reply with quote  #39 
I also have back problems due to past work injuries. I can't sit crossleged so I use a keyboard bench. It is wide enough for me to sit on and still have enough room for my sitar. This is very comfortable to play and I have no problems at all. Another possibility is to sit on the floor without folding your leg under, with your back supported by a wall or sofa. This also is very comfortable. My teacher has a 4" cushon for me to sit on when I go for my lesson and it works quite well. [biggrin]

Bench.jpg 

I got this from Amazon for about $25. I set it to the lowest position an it works out very well.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.