Author   Comment  
bwahid

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello everyone
I am a beginer Singer. I habe lern every thing my self. I don
op88

Reply with quote  #2 
Hello. I'm also a beginner singer.
Khali is not the beginning point in a song.

For example, in taal TINTAL (16 matras):

tali, 2, 3, 4
tali, 2, 3, 4
khali, 2, 3, 4
tali, 2, 3, 4

khali is a signal to indicate the position of vibhags.
bwahid

Reply with quote  #3 
thank you very much op88 for your answar. Do you have an Idea which matra is the begin of a song. Do you Know a helpfull link for me .
Thank you.
bwahid
s1owpoke

Reply with quote  #4 
I don't claim to be an expert in this but from what I have studied so far there is no set mantra. It all depends in how a composition was written but all land on SUM (1st beat). In tintal I have noticed that a lot of compositions I have been learning start on the 13th mantra but I have seen otherwise so it varies.

I will post some links if I run across any but I would say just listen to some vocals and count along on your fingers then you will be able to tell better what is going on.

Good Luck and have FUN most of all :wink:

"Real music is not for wealth, not for honours or even the joys of the mind... but as a path for realization and salvation."
Ustad Ali Akbar Khan
op88

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "bwahid"
thank you very much op88 for your answar. Do you have an Idea which matra is the begin of a song. Do you Know a helpfull link for me .
Thank you.
bwahid
Usually, the first matra is hit harder than the other ones on a percussion instrument.
Regarding thalis and khalis, the first matra could be a khali, as in rupak taal:
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.