INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Shubhankar Banerjee

Quote:
Published on Feb 13, 2013
"Shubankar Banerjee's performance in the show ""Idea Jalsa - Music for the soul"" is set to Teentaal ...
The show "Idea Jalsa, Music for the Soul" is conceived by Durga Jasraj and produced by Art & Artistes' (I) Pvt. Ltd. The show has established itself as the Single Largest Platform for all forms of Indian Music.Shubankar Banerjee, the musical wonder kid was placed under the tutelage of Shri Swapan Shiva celebrated artiste and teacher of Farukhabad Tabla Gharana and over the years he has been dedicating himself for learning other Gharanas from different maestros..
Absolutely terrific tabla player. His dhere dhere is unusual in that his hands don't move very far south on the tabla, but still very effective.

But be sure to get a good look at the background set he's playing at. It has a 70s disco feel to it in terms of light design.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
James_I

Reply with quote  #2 
Yes, he is truly spectacular - his playing is so majestic. His left hand is particularly remarkable imo. Not just the sweetness of tone, but something about his poise, balance and physicality make him a pleasure to watch. This is probably the first video of him that appeared on youtube -
- awful quality but I've always been mesmerised by it.

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "James_I"
Yes, he is truly spectacular - his playing is so majestic. His left hand is particularly remarkable imo. Not just the sweetness of tone, but something about his poise, balance and physicality make him a pleasure to watch. This is probably the first video of him that appeared on youtube -
- awful quality but I've always been mesmerised by it.

You're right, the quality leaves something to be desired, but the sound still comes through.

(I like your website! you've got some interesting music there ... )

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.