INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Dueck

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm a complete newbie to Indian rock... so I want to hear some. Problem is, here (Calgary, Canada) there is very little to be found... I also tried pandora.com, with absolutely no luck, even on the more influential groups.

If anyone could point me to (an) internet radio resource(s) of the like, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Anonymous

Reply with quote  #2 
The only Indian rock I have encountered - that was worth mentioning - was the one off the coast of Kanya Kumari where Vivekananda swam to ponder his trip to the USA.
K
daz199

Reply with quote  #3 
i dont know what exactly you mean by Indian Rock...but my band plays bhangra/rock
check us out at http://www.signiaonline.com or myspace.com/signiabhangra
alon

Reply with quote  #4 
i hear a general Tilangish contour here. There is definately a komal Ga in the string intro and very pronounced use of shuddh Da in avroh through out. To my ears, there is no shuddh nishad only komal. These seem to be the points of departure from the actual Tilang scale, however I would not argue against a Mishra Tilang label.

Get Braindumps demos for         learnalanguage.com learn french         Our high quality itil prepares you well before appearing in the final         learn a language.com         and         Learnalanguage         exams

Get Braindumps demos for         learnalanguage.com learn french         Our high quality itil prepares you well before appearing in the final         learn a language.com         and         Learnalanguage         exams
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.