INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
coyootie

Reply with quote  #1 
hiren2010a.jpg A superb top quality vintage Hiren Roy that had originally been obtained by Patric Marks RIP for one of his senior students. I showed this to Patric many years back and he very emphatically told me he'd buy it back in a heartbeat.
Gorgeous sound and playability- tun wood. Superb leaf carving. Natural gourd upper tumba. The upper tumba bracket had broken at some point but was reglued very well and has sterling silver reinforcement brackets. I have the original tailpiece/ langot, but I refitted it with a langot with individual bronze pins for the tarabs- very easy tarab string replacements. Includes a big wooden carrying case. $3300+ insured shipping- $275. serious potential BUYERS PM me for more pix.

Attached Images
jpeg hiren2010b.jpg (67.16 KB, 3 views)
jpeg hiren2010d.jpg (61.06 KB, 3 views)

cwroyds

Reply with quote  #2 
DUDE!!!!
That is a stunner.
I LOVE the Sympathetics being separated.
Stunning carving and Tabli wood.

I would buy it in a second if I had the cash to spare.
Whoever gets this instrument is a lucky man.
Good luck in your sale.
coyootie

Reply with quote  #3 
thank you, bwana.

Attached Images
jpeg hiren2010f.jpg (41.08 KB, 3 views)
jpeg hiren2010g.jpg (37.24 KB, 3 views)
jpeg hiren2010h.jpg (29.60 KB, 3 views)

trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #4 
AAAAGGGHHH
I've just overdosed on BEAUTY!!!!

Nick
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #5 
If ever there was a centerpiece example of Hiren Roy in the glory days of old, here it is !!! What a spectacular showing !!! So, was it good for you too ???

Reply with quote  #6 
i'm blushing, shucks, thanks ya'll. hope this is bought by a player who'll love it. I don't play it enough to justify keeping it!
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #7 
I will say, this goes to show the importance of good photography...a good photograph isn't going to make an ugly sitar beautiful, but a bad photograph can make a beautiful sitar look quite unremarkable. I suppose the same goes for anything...scenery, those of the gentler sex, etc. Kudos for getting good images of it.

Still, wow, the carving on that thing!!!!! Lovely!
CheesecakeTomek

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you for sharing the pictures! I could never afford it, but just looking at it brings beautiful music. I hope it finds a lovely home.
coyootie

Reply with quote  #9 
oh, and just to be quite clear, the price I posted for shipping was lower US 48 only- and UPS rates are going up in 2012, could be higher ,groan. i'd assumed that was obvious but seems not!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.