INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
freemusic

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all

I purchased what was labeled as a "professional grade" sitar from Lark in the Morning a few years ago. The instrument is a 20 string sitar, has absolutely beautiful hand carved detail, and is in excellent condition. I have the instrument, case, and second resonator all packed away now. I am a musician and was interested in adding the sounds of the sitar into my repetoire, but came to realize that I had bitten off way more than I could chew. The sitar is wonderful to me, but very hard to incorporate into what I want to do. I am now looking to find a new home for this beauty. I paid over $1000 US for it with shipping and all, and was looking to get a good amount of that money back, if possible. Anyone interested? I reside in New Jersey, USA. If anyone needs more info, let me know. I'm currently in contact with Lark in the AM to get all of the manufacturer info. I can also upload some pics if needed. Thanks :wink:
Lars

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh my..... :roll: , Well I'd suggest trying Craigslist or ebay? Maybe have someone in Trenton look it over first if you want to get an opinion as to the value. Keshav has a shop in New York and could maybe suggest someone. You won't get a manufacturer from Shark in the morning, it's a generic sitar but that's not necessarily bad....good luck!

Reply with quote  #3 
I found out that Lark in the Morning uses a company called Synergy House in India for their sitars, does anyone know anything about this company? Their website doesn't have a whole lot of information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lars"
Oh my..... :roll: , Well I'd suggest trying Craigslist or ebay? Maybe have someone in Trenton look it over first if you want to get an opinion as to the value. Keshav has a shop in New York and could maybe suggest someone. You won't get a manufacturer from Shark in the morning, it's a generic sitar but that's not necessarily bad....good luck!
Why Shark in the morning? I have never heard anything bad about their company, have you? Also, I was looking to avoid Ebay if possible, I haven't had the best of luck with that site. Where is Trenton is there a shop I can visit?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.