INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
tristani

Reply with quote  #1 
Any Sarangi Teachers in the bay area or Santa Cruz area?
tablataal

Reply with quote  #2 
Would check with Ashwin batish. I believe he is located on high street. He has a DVD as well on dilruba http://www.batish.com/catalog/vidttr.html#Dilruba1

Let us know how it works out so others can benefit as well
peeceebee

Reply with quote  #3 
You could study online via Skype. I've been studying with Dr. Kashyap in India from here in san francisco, and it works quite well.
tristani

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "tablataal"
Would check with Ashwin batish. I believe he is located on high street. He has a DVD as well on dilruba http://www.batish.com/catalog/vidttr.html#Dilruba1

Let us know how it works out so others can benefit as well
Thank you for your reply. I visited Batish long ago to see whether he was selling a sarangi. I believe he teaches many instruments but sarangi, unfortunately
It is January 23, still no luck with finding a teacher. I had one online teacher and had a very bad experience, will never do it again. I prefer to have a live teacher with this instrument.
spoutmouth

Reply with quote  #5 
I wish you good luck with your search tristani - i hope you find someone soon - very frustrating to not have a teacher.

I have an excellent online teacher - i just lack the time at the moment for consistent learning - this will hopefully change :roll:

keep searching...

m
tristani

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you for your kind suggestions Peeceebee, much appreciated.

For the other Sarangi players out learning, please do not think that having an online teacher will not work out as it did for me, it's just not a way I am able to learn and you may have a way better experience

Spoutmouth, thank you for your encouraging and kind words. Yes indeed, it is all I can keep doing. I have been hypnotised by this instrument and can not depart it even if I do not find a teacher.

May you enjoy playing this wonderful instrument everyone! Namaste
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.