INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
tristani

Reply with quote  #1 
This may sound like an odd question but since I do not know might anyone be able to advize the proper storage place and temperature for the Sarangi so it stays in good shape? Currently it is in a case next to a window and I am curious if the cold wind coming from the window may be damaging my Sarangi. Any input would be highly appreciated!
OM GUY

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "tristani"
This may sound like an odd question but since I do not know might anyone be able to advize the proper storage place and temperature for the Sarangi so it stays in good shape? Currently it is in a case next to a window and I am curious if the cold wind coming from the window may be damaging my Sarangi. Any input would be highly appreciated!
Don't have one myself, but.... I don't think I'd be storing any instrument near a window, door, etc. :wink:

Don't you have a closet or some othe safe spot that you can put it?

Reply with quote  #3 
A sarangi will do well in any conditions that you would do well in. Of course protection, good case/covering, is helpful.
pritlee

Reply with quote  #4 
hi

i have heard you should not store it in cold.....cos the skin may loosen up..... i had a pair of table and i left it in cold and the skin became so loose I could not play it at all and had to re-skin it......(too hot and it will stretch out and burst…this is for table but I am guessing the same principal apply for sarangi) ….. room temperature would be good and always cover it with a blanket when not playing even when it’s in a box (children’s small blanket is ideal)….. this is what I have been told by experienced players….
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.