INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Ybt

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

I am looking to order a sarangi online, does anyone have recommendations for reputable sellers or makers I can purchase from?

I'm asking this for a friend who can't go to India to purchase locally.

Thanks
Nick Proctor

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi from England.
Where are you based, please? Also what is your budget?
I have friends in Delhi & Varanasi I could ask if you like.

Nick
Ybt

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Nick,
Thanks, I am located in Israel. Budget is about $800, maybe flexible for the right instrument.
ThunderBass95

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm in USA. There are three very reputable dealers who sell Sarangi. Rain City Music, Musicians Mall and Keshav Imports. They will thoroughly inspect and setup the instrument for you so you can play it right out of the box. I believe they also ship overseas. There is also a dealer, India Instruments in Germany (https://www.india-instruments.com) who ships internationally. I'm sure there are others but these I know of and have purchased from two of them. Beware of the online stores on eBay and Reverb.com. The instruments are low quality junk and will be pretty much unplayable. Good luck. [thumb]
Ybt

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the advice!
DrKashyap

Reply with quote  #6 
If you are new in the field of sarangi, you are likely to be led by big words. Follow what your guru selects or have some reliable well wisher to check the instrument before buying. Also select the one which is existing.. dont prefer to pay advance and get sarangi made thereafter.. lot of complaints of long wait & reminders from students. (NB - I am in no way connected to any sarangi seller)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.