INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
DrKashyap

Reply with quote  #1 
Sarangi online lessons available especially focusing on the techniques of sarangi by a student of sarangi maestro U. Sultankhan. One to one live lessons - Very limited students invited. Mail at drkashyapdave@gmail.com
Malik

Reply with quote  #2 
A quick plug for Dr. K-

There are many people who can play sarangi but very, very few who can teach. Dr. Kashyap can do both.

After nearly 5 years of searching for a sarangi teacher, I came to this board in a last ditch attempt. When Dr. Kashyap initially approached me, I was excited- but somewhat guarded. I hadn't thought about music lessons over skype, and was a little uneasy about sending money to India.

Much to my contentment, Dr. K had an honest and upfront approach and a very structured set of lesson plans- from beginning to end. We both wrote to each other about our backgrounds and influences, as well as of our expectations. Nothing was left to guesswork or grey area, and I felt assured even before meeting him on webcam. His style is approachable- especially for westerners or desis who've grown up in the US, like myself.

Dr. Kashyap is a wealth of information about the sarangi and its players- living and dead. There is no question that he is a gifted master of this elusive instrument, and his touch is very, very dynamic. I say this not as his student, but as a performer and music producer with over 15 years of experience.

Dr. K's sense of humor is encouraging, and above all- he is patient. That is one point I cannot emphasize enough. He routinely sits in front of a screen, watching an awkward punjabi kid fiddle his way through inaccurate tuning, screeching notes and painfully slow paltas. The entire time he is watching and adjusting his approach as a teacher.

I just got back from a month in India, the last 6 days of which I diverted course to sit with Dr. Kashyap. If any of you from the US are thinking of taking sarangi but want to know more lessons from a student's point of view, please feel free to message me. I'd be happy to meet or talk over phone.

Thanks,

M
DrKashyap

Reply with quote  #3 
Recently two vacancies for the students created. Good chance to learn sarangi from a senior student of Sarangi Maestro U. Sultankhan.

Mail with your details at drkashyapdave@gmail.com
DrKashyap

Reply with quote  #4 
Two vacancies created for the students who want to learn sarangi sincerely online thro a well structured course.

Mail me with your details at drkashyapdave@gmail.com
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.