INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
blondieswuk

Reply with quote  #1 
looking to buy a sarangi,r an esraj.....a decent one no ebay toys!,anyone have anything oldish?
are the old ones better than the new?..look forward to hearing from you...chrissy
blondieswuk

Reply with quote  #2 
no one has a good esraj for sale?.....im thinking of ordering one from Monoj Kumar Sardar...can anyone reccomend them or have any dealing with them?...would i expect to recieve one that is playable or may need altering?,also im looking for a bulbul tarang,not sure if its a Shahi Baaja or just an indian banjo?,preferably the one played on youtube by Prof Qasim Hasan Zaidi,sounds awesome!!!,any advice welcome.does anyone play a bulbul tarang here?..thanks
s1owpoke

Reply with quote  #3 
I have never ordered from them directly but did purchase a KMS from AACM which was very nice.

"Real music is not for wealth, not for honours or even the joys of the mind... but as a path for realization and salvation."
Ustad Ali Akbar Khan
DrKashyap

Reply with quote  #4 
Bulbul tarang is same as Indian banjo. But now a days lot of jiwari work is done on it,so gives a wonderful sustenance. Much used with quwwals & in film industry (in sufi music) now a days.
blondieswuk

Reply with quote  #5 
really trying my hardest to find a good bulbul tarang.shahi baaja,whatever theyre called,they are so expensive..the small ones ebay and the like arent really what im looking for..the closest ive got is a company called bina..they sell an electric one for
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #6 
So quickly have you all forgotten I'm in India?!!?!?

Nick
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.