INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
I recently mentioned his lovely peshkar just yesterday. He also had the sweetest sounding tabla. I've not heard of him before, but I have no doubt we will hear more of him in the future. His guruji is Anindo Chatterjee, and here they play back and forth in an astounding display of precision and dexterity...

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
TablaBeatz

Reply with quote  #2 
Yes I've seen this video before - and thought to myself what a talented young individual Bhattacharjee was!
"The beginning of life is rhythm. When you’re in the womb your mother’s heart is beating at (about 90) decibels ... we were born of vibration 13.7 billion years ago with the explosion of the universe."
pbercker

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TablaBeatz"
Yes I've seen this video before - and thought to myself what a talented young individual Bhattacharjee was!
I love how Anindoji just plays this sequence of lightening "tus" and backward "tus" with great abandon. And those Dhire dhire are beyond belief. I know that speed is not everything, but when ferocious speed is combined with such crystal clear clarity, it never fails to impress.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
assingh

Reply with quote  #4 
Rupak plays very well. There is another student of Anindoji who is also very good.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.