INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
princessjesusbopeep

Reply with quote  #16 
haha i saw that before that poor guy looks scared for his sitar
kamalehi

Reply with quote  #17 
responding to manju auntys hand technique, yes she does have arthritis in her hand, esp. in her index finger, which is why she uses her middle finger instead of her first. my guru is one her students, and has told me so. she is an excellent sitarist!
privatelabel

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "kamalehi"
responding to manju auntys hand technique, yes she does have arthritis in her hand, esp. in her index finger, which is why she uses her middle finger instead of her first. my guru is one her students, and has told me so. she is an excellent sitarist!
kamalehi-ji,

Thank you for the further info. I agree she is a phenomenal sitarist. She really brings the spirit of Rag Gawati out in the youtube clip. Please post more if you can.
barend

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
Here is an outstanding example of pretty much everything one can do wrong with the right hand.

Man what an arrogant jerk! sounds like shit

I really hate it when people play like that.
Mulamoodan

Reply with quote  #20 
New techniques never cease to amaze me:

ssayan3

Reply with quote  #21 
There is a DVD of Ustad Vilayat Khan playing with his son, Ustad Shujaat Khan, called "Bequest." The DVD gives some great closeups of Ustad Vilayat Khan Sahib's hand, especially during taans and the Jhalla, as well as a DVD rendition of a Drut gat.

I used to watch this video alot when I first started as a good way to learn how to place my thumb; it may be able to help you as well.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.