INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
siniestro

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum so please forgive me if a similar topic has been posted previously.

Ive been playing Tabla for a year or so now, initially having about 15 1 hr lessons with an experienced tutor and then self practicing since then using books and video tutorials.

I am getting fairly clear sounds now from the basic bols and really enjoying learning this instrument. However, my teacher told me that it doesn't matter which way round I play the Dayan and Bayan - so i chose to play the Bayan with my right which felt right and still does feel right.

However, im aware this may not be the correct way and am considering swapping the way I play in case I study in India at some point and am asked to swap! I'd appreciate any thoughts/ opinions on this.
siniestro

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for the reply. I think that feels right now that I have put this work in!
rch

Reply with quote  #3 
Please use the hand that YOU are comfortable with, and that brings out the best sound and speed!!! You might just ask your teacher for an opinion , but ultimately you will be the one to decide what is best for you!
siniestro

Reply with quote  #4 
Thankyou
Acelga

Reply with quote  #5 
It doesn
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.