INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
surjitsingh

Reply with quote  #1 
As requested by D on FB, I registered here and and am now posting without using FB. It works!
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.

1) Did you receive a welcome email?  If so was it from david@chandrakantha.com or noreply@webitetolboc.com?
2) If you did receive an email, did this email require some further action to validate the registration?
bernardN

Reply with quote  #3 

Hello David.

It works very fine. This what I got, both mail from <noresponse@websitetoolbox.com>
---------------
Thanks for joining Indian Music Forums!

To begin using your account, please confirm it by clicking here or by
copying and pasting the URL below into your browser.

http://forum.chandrakantha.com/register/confirm?userid=5083...

Thank you,
Indian Music Forums
http://forum.chandrakantha.com
------------------

Dear Friend

Welcome to the Indian Music Forums.  We hope that you will find your experiences interesting, entertaining, and informative.

There are really only two rules:

1) Be courteous (no flame wars)

2) No spam (It is fine for individuals to offer their instruments, costumes, or anything relevant to Indian music or dance, but not businesses.)

If you have any questions you may contact me directly at:
--------------------
I'll follow you on facebook

david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for the info.  I am glad to know that it works, but it appears that some tweaking is in order.
vvibhu

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi,
Everything looks good. Confirmation email received from <noresponse@websitetoolbox.com>. Reply to the email is automatically addressed to david@chandrakantha.com

david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
This is an update to let everyone know how the transition to the new forums is going.  It appears that all the user's info and posts have transferred correctly.  There were a handful of topics that had no posts, these appear to have been purged.

Unlike the old forums, the new forum has two ways to register and sign-in.  One way is via Facebook and the other is the standard sign-in.  The FB approach seems to work fine, but there were some issues with the standard login. At least there were issues when people attempted to create a new account.

The nature of the problem was this.  Whenever a new account is created, the forums send a validation email.  In this email, the new member must click on a link to validate himself/herself (themself?)  This is a standard procedure to weed out robotic registrations.  I attempted to have the sender's address as david@chandrakantha.com.  This was problematic because these forums are located on a very different server from the main chandrakantha.com servers. The result being that many email systems would interpret this discrepancy as being an attempt to spoof the email address, thus causing the validation email to be either marked as spam or rejected entirely.  Since the validating email would not reach the new member, the membership would not be activated.

I have given up on the david@chandrakantha.com reply-to address.  The validating email now all comes from noreply@websitetoolbox.com.  This too is not without its problems, as this address will not instantly be recognisable to most new registrants.  But it seems like it may be the most workable approach.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.