INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
cream_cheese

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "cwroyds"
There is a nice Mushtaq Ali Khan Bhimpalasi on the web for download.
Might you be able to point out where, or if possible, share ? Will much appreciate it.
Kirya

Reply with quote  #17 
This is a very nice Bhimpalasi by Kushal Das recorded at a concert inBarod -- over an hour long and with full Alap Jod Jhalla development

I particularly like the slow gat

http://www.sangeethamshare.org/murthy/Hindustani/UPLOADS-201-400/222_KushalDas-Baroda-05.01.2003/?p=murthy/Hindustani/UPLOADS-201-400/222_KushalDas-Baroda-05.01.2003

Kirya

Reply with quote  #18 
This is a Bhimpalasi from Niladri Kumar which is full of the shredding type of play -- not my cup of tea, but to each his own. He is very skilled technically, and can play REALLY fast, but to me all his fast stuff sounds the same and one can barely tell what raag it is anymore when he is playing fast.

For me this has little or no bhava and rasa, which is what makes raag sangeet so special in the first place so not one I would ever go back to again.

The USP drut play is much more coherent I think in terms of keeping the raag swaroop intact
i.e. it is about Bhimpalasi and not so much about USP

Kirya

Reply with quote  #19 
This version by Andrew Mendelson, is pretty decent too and I much prefer it over the Niladri version

And this too is very pleasant and shows you don;t need to shred to get Bhimpalasi to be present in the room. The inner attitude is so much of the essence of this music

Kirya

Reply with quote  #20 
Rajiv Janardan was mentioned earlier -- this is either somebody related to him or one of his disciples on a small travel sitar

waseem

Reply with quote  #21 
Very nice jugalbandi on sitar & santoor here:
(Pandit Nyan Ghosh on Surbahar)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.