Reply with quote  #1 
q

Reply with quote  #2 
q

Reply with quote  #3 
The more I use it, the more I love it.
It is perfect for practicing.
The sound is awesome.
I also love how you can stereo pan the two tanpuras.

Now get a Tabla/Tanpura App going.
I will buy it the moment it comes out.
mhamlin

Reply with quote  #4 
Now I feel like a dinosaur lugging around my laptop for RiyazStudio
Lars

Reply with quote  #5 
What is this???? Oh NOOOOOOO.....here I just got about everything in that Radel makes and it's rendered OBSOLETE. Ohhh, the horrrorrrrr....
Seriously though, it's a cool app definitely and I'll probably buy it too as I'm a big iphone and Apple fanatic. Has it's place I think along with all the other options, dinosaur laptops and dedicated machines included! Great job..... 8)

Reply with quote  #6 
Hello Fellow Forumites,

This is my first post here but I've been reading around the forum for quite some time now. It is an excellent resource for anyone interested in ICM. Thanks to all who have shared their knowledge/archival recordings so far. I have learned tons of useful information here, and it's great to have an online space that is current and informed of the latest developments.

So, I noticed this thread, and wanted to let iPhone users here know about the first tanpura/tabla app that came out for the phone last year. A lot of people missed it because..... for some reason, it's not available on the app store any more. It's also more expensive than iTanpura 4, but is easily worth it for anyone serious about practice. The developer hasn't mentioned it here yet, and I found only 1 very short reference in the forum archive.

Here is the web site: http://www.itabla.com.

For some reason it hasn't been updated in a year, but I have contacted the developer within the last few months (also to purchase his desktop version). Just check out the site for features-- including high quality tanpura samples with the ability to add your own samples, tabla accompaniment in 32 different tala with fully adjustable tempo/tuning, sruti drone, tone generator, and multi-time signature metronome.

Having bought and used both of these apps, I can say that they are both excellent in different ways. I will still use iTabla when I want both drone and rhythm, but Prasad's software sounds great and is easy to use. (Nice swar mandal) Also, iLehra is nice too....

Sorry Lars.... ..the Radel stuff is still probably the best option for anyone without iPhone. Very portable, tough, and no updates/freezing/crashing to worry about either..... On a side note-- I'm still loving the RA Kharaj Pancham that I bought from you last year. Thanks again!! Keep up the good work over there at Rain City Music.
P.S. When do we get more Indrajit instructional videos ??? :?: Can't wait!
daz199

Reply with quote  #7 
love the app...and would love to see an integrated tabla-machine!!
Jaime

Reply with quote  #8 
just got your Tanpura app. sound is great but I agree with the others, we need the tabla now .

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pupasani"
The new version 4.3 of iTanpura is now available on the App Store.

And yes, I am working on a tabla app :-)

Regards,
Prasad
Prasad,
Awesome! Can't wait to see what magic you'll weave with the tabla app!

Bibhas
povster

Reply with quote  #10 
From what I have been hearing this is a great app. But I do not have nore can I afford an iphone. Is there any chance of an even simplified app being made available for a computer? Maybe using Itunes (as I run a PC as opposd to a Mac)?

I would love to have access to a variable pitch natural tanpura but the iphone is simply out of the question for me.

(I also think a LOT of folks without iphone would love such an app!)

Jaime

Reply with quote  #11 
(Second attempt my last message was deleted)
Hi Prasad, I hope that the Tabla will be an addition to the Tanpura program as I already got it and it will be very expensive to buy a new one that will have the Tanpura/Tabla combination, am I correct assuming that I will be able to upgrade it???
regards
Jaime

sorry I made a mistake ops: I made my first attempt on another posting of the same topic, so I got my answer, please disregard this one
sorry for the mistake thank you
Jaime

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.