INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Reddirtdawg

Reply with quote  #1 
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet on the forum but it looks like they are going to have the 60's film "Raga" re-released this coming fall on DVD and also on CD....also a great new release coming out on Pandit-ji's 90th birthday April 7th.
Sorry about that first link I posted here....I think they changed the URL after I posted it, they just put the site up today. This is not the HOME page for the site.
ॐ हरि कृष्ण ॐ
http://eastmeetswestmusic.com/catalog.html

Reply with quote  #2 
Don't want to name drop but I asked Pandit-ji about this when I met him last year. I thought it would be a great idea as an anniversary of the movie itself. They now have all the rights to produce this back from Mystic Fire.
He & his wife, Sukanya, are still in contact with everyone who worked on the film. I asked about all the little clips of concerts, press interviews & such-like & was told they're looking for them all now.
I had the vinyl for many years before I got the VHS from America.

Nick
Bill

Reply with quote  #3 
I have a hunch that "Panditji's vast archive" is possibly the source of that Annapurna Devi Malkauns recently posted. Would we ever know? Would anyone dare to ask?
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #4 
Well here we go again.
'These' recordings were mentioned while chatting & Panditji just called them 'internet recordings' & didn't go any further.

Nick
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.