INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Raga Charukesi - Bass Veena and Tabla Duet -

Quote:
Published on Sep 15, 2013
A short performance of Raga Charukesi by Justin Gray (Bass Veena) and Ed Hanley (Tabla).

Justin would like to thank his Guruji Shantanu Bhattacharyya, and Ed Hanley would like to thank his teachers Ritesh Das, Pt Swapan Chaudhuri, Pt Anindo Chatterjee, Sri Subhajyoti Guha, Professor Trichy Sankaran, Sri Karaikuddi Mani and Pt Suresh Talwalkar.

I've never seen a Bass Veena before ... it's a lovely, albeit modern take, on an ancient instrument!

pb

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
va4leo

Reply with quote  #2 
Amazing!!

Reply with quote  #3 
I like it very much. The two sounds well complement each other. I wonder how much the resonant strings sound if not stroke with the thumb.
rch

Reply with quote  #4 
Great piece to listen to as well as learn! Just wondered what the bols of the starting phrase on tabla were : the one at the beginning and the other at the 1.48 min prior to the second piece. Sounded like standard teental tihai3+3+2)
Were the bols as follows?
TRKTTRKTDha
TRKTTRKTDha
TRKTTRKT ?

Thanks
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.