INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
I originally posted this on general discussion but might be more interesting here...it started out trying to identify a mystery rag and threaded its way to rag Jog.

Here is the skeleton of rag Jog is just put on swarshala 2.0 ... might be of some interest ....

Here you will find the aroha and avaroha of the raga along with a chalan and its melodic outline.

If any one is interested in testing their compositional skills they might like to submit either here on PM some possibly interesting phrases in keeping with character of the raga. I will then insert them into swarshala 2.0 with Sarod as instrument simply because the sitar of swarshala is absolutely horrendous! I will then report back the results with postings to utube. This can be a kind of communal effort at playing rag Jog!

My favorite example of rag jog is satish vyas on santoor on the CASCADE cd i believe.

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
chrisitar

Reply with quote  #2 
Hmm, I'm interested in this software. Can you comment on its features and such? Are the instruments capable of meend?

As for Jog, and keeping with the sarod, I've always loved Ud Ali Akbar Khan's teental gat (with L Subramaniam): ni sa Ga ma Ga, Ga ma ga sa ni pa

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "chrisitar"
Hmm, I'm interested in this software. Can you comment on its features and such? Are the instruments capable of meend?

As for Jog, and keeping with the sarod, I've always loved Ud Ali Akbar Khan's teental gat (with L Subramaniam): ni sa Ga ma Ga, Ga ma ga sa ni pa
I'm still using swarshala 2.0 which they no longer support or supply. The latest version is swarshala 3.0 - it has many more features and yet I prefer 2.0 over 3.0 in part because my version of 3.0 was never stable.

Take a look at the demo that you can download from their website.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions ... personally I love this software.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.