INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #16 
Can you post a picture of the back of the original pot, where the on off switch is?

TBo22

Reply with quote  #17 
Here are the posterior views....

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_1781.jpg (91.92 KB, 4 views)
jpeg IMG_1782.jpg (93.29 KB, 4 views)

david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #18 
Yes, this all seems standard.  It is so standard that I was starting to get some doubt.  The piggy-backing of power switches onto the backs of audio taper potentiometers is so common that one sometimes finds the pots used even when their power switches are not.  However these pictures clearly show that the power switch is used.

If you simply copy this arrangement with the new pot, you should not have any trouble.

On an related note, you mention that you did not have a lot of experience with electronics.  I do not know what your background is, but you should also consider whether you should do the soldering yourself or have someone do it for you.  Improper soldering can introduce its own problems.
TBo22

Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks very much for your follow-up. I've done a considerable amount of soldering, so no worries there. If I understand your post, you're saying that I can use the non-stacked 10K audio pot to replace the stacked pot. Is that correct?   

IMG_1783.jpg This is the (non-stacked) 10K audio pot that I'm referring to.

david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #20 
The only difference that I see is that for some reason the rear cover is missing.  I see no reason why this should not work just fine.
TBo22

Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks David! I'll proceed with replacing it and will post results later in the week.
Best wishes,
T

TBo22

Reply with quote  #22 
I've been delayed in getting the proper wire, have ordered it online... no more Radio Shacks in Chicago... will post results probably next week. Thanks for all your feedback!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.