INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
fossesitar

Reply with quote  #1 
Tony K ("Sitarfixer") is taking the latest factory test mule with him on the upcoming jawari road show. This sitar is wired in stereo to enable total control of the relative volume of the main and taraf string banks. If you bring a volume pedal and an extra amp you can even do volume swells on the taraf strings if desired. The Fosse is an electric sitar (magnetic pickups) made almost entirely from carbon fiber. Tony will have an amp with him for evaluation purposes, and of course the padded backpack case we use.
theprosperone

Reply with quote  #2 
Amazing news! CAN NOT WAIT to check this thing out, drooling just thinking about it!! Very cool, now I just need to save 5gs.
fossesitar

Reply with quote  #3 
The Surb is 5 Gs, the sitar is 4500. However the test mule may be available after the entire road show is complete for 3K. It is basic (no tone or volume), has a few appearance glitches, and I only threw 7 taraf on there, but it is the best sounding sitar we have made.
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #4 
That's a fact ! This lovely beastie will be traveling with me to all the destinations on the list. You'll enjoy trying this one out. Amazing sound ! ! !

Reply with quote  #5 
Pains me not to have opted in to the tour for this and many other reasons, but at least Im well out of range for that sitar. Enjoy, the rest of you!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.