INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #1 
Just heard from a good source that the esteemed Pandit Suresh Talwalkar will be giving a series of day-long workshops in the U.S. this fall. Stay tuned for this rare opportunity.

Reply with quote  #2 
Please keep us posted on workshops and any concerts in the US. I really love his performance.
Vivek

Reply with quote  #3 
Unfortunately, there will be no concerts on this tour - just workshops. On the plus side, this means that Guruji will be committed to teaching the entire month that he is in the US. If anyone has an opportunity to attend a workshop, I would highly recommend it. Guruji's workshops tend to run 2-3 days, for 5-7 hours a day, and can really strengthen a student's sound quality, technique, and rhythmic control.

The workshop schedule is being finalized, but should be up soon.

Reply with quote  #4 
A general outline for Pt Suresh Talwalkar's US tour has been fixed. I'll give more information in a new post once I have more specific dates and locations, but this is a summary of the general time periods which he'll be in different parts of the country.

Sept.26 to Oct.1 : Bloomington, IL
Oct.2nd to Oct.7th : Cleveland, OH
Oct.8 to Oct.14 : Houston, TX
Oct.15 to Oct.18 : Bay Area California
Oct.19 to Oct.28 : DC metro area

- Vivek

Reply with quote  #5 
DC Metro area:

YES! Thanks for posting this.

Vivek, will you be around DC then?

Cheers,

David
Vivek

Reply with quote  #6 
I should be back in town as of this Thursday, inshaAllah. I will most likely stop by Charlottesville a few times during September as well - I'll let you know if I'm coming by.

- V

Reply with quote  #7 
Any further info on this?

Reply with quote  #8 
Where are you located? As of now, I can only give details about the DC area workshop... for the others, you can contact Dr. Shiv Hiremath of Swaranjali Columbus. Visit http://www.swaranjalicolumbus.com/about.html or PM me for contact info.

Reply with quote  #9 
Any information about the Washington, D.C. workshop in October? Thanks.
Vivek

Reply with quote  #10 
The workshop will be in Herndon, over 3 days: October 23-25. The timing is not set as of now, because we're trying to find the most convenient time for everyone who wants to come.

Email or PM me for location, and let me know when you're available.

- V -

Reply with quote  #11 
Namaste All.

Cleveland workshops will be October 3rd and 4th (Saturday and Sunday). Saturday will be a free introductory workshop, and Sunday will be an intensive workshop in tala theory (not strictly tabla lessons) for ANY MUSICIAN, (western, classical Indian, or anyone in between) who wishes to gain a better understanding of Classical Indian Rhythmic Theory.

Anyone can contact me for more information. Exact time and place are still to be determined.

namaste,
josh

shrooman777 at aol dot com
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Vivek"
The workshop will be in Herndon, over 3 days: October 23-25. The timing is not set as of now, because we're trying to find the most convenient time for everyone who wants to come.

Email or PM me for location, and let me know when you're available.

- V -
What is the format for the DC workshop Vivek? I am in NJ and depending on the format, right now, I can make the trip. As much details as possible will help.
Vivek

Reply with quote  #13 
I'm not sure what you mean by format, exactly - if you have been to any of Guruji's previous US workshops, it will be pretty much the same: Guruji decides what to teach based on the people who attend, and combines technical exercises, advanced rhythmic education, and teaches some of his own compositions.

If you have any concerns that may prevent you from coming, please let me know via post or PM - we're very flexible, and will do anything we can to ensure everyone can come and benefit from Guruji's instruction.

- V -

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.