INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
westsea

Reply with quote  #1 
From Pt. Sanjoy Bandopadhyay...

Subratada [Pt. Subrata Roy Chaudhury] is no more! He was my senior gurubhai. When I visited our Music Mapping site I typed his name and could easily reach some anecdotes told by him. It saddened me to listen to his voice. But, I loved his bold and clear way of telling. Here is one titled, “Ustad Amir Khan’s Introductory Concert in Calcutta” told by him.
http://kolkatamusicmapping.com/ustad-amir-khans-introductory-concert/
korizeugma

Reply with quote  #2 
Indeed a great loss. Subroto-ji was also a musicologist and an expert on the history of ICM in colonial and post-colonial times and the impacts of the patronage system. In the following 3 part interview Subroto-ji extracts a lot of high level information from UVK on his style, sitar modifications etc.

Also, thanks for the link to the music mapping site. Indeed some riveting anecdotes.
mayer141

Reply with quote  #3 
He was my Guruji and taught me so much. Not only that he was a great chap to be around, he will be greatly missed
Ingo

Reply with quote  #4 
Knew him for 20 years, learned from him, attended his last concert here in Southern Germany and many before. He had lots of - nowadays endangered - knowledge. Indeed a great loss. I.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.