INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
vevek

Reply with quote  #46 
impressive discography.
there is in addition a very good double CD entitled "musician's musician" which has a stunning charukeshi on it. Im sure there may be others
cheers
V
ragamala

Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
Hi Ragamala - I downloaded the discography. An excellent one it is! Thanks very much. The track info is very useful as well! Nicely done, you betcha!
Although I think it is up-to-date, I don't claim it to be complete and there are a couple of early LPs there in yours that were new to me - including a teental track from Anindo I can't recognise - from SP 7082. Any idea whether I could get hold of that?

I also will, if I may, add some of the extra detail from your discog absent from mine - eg the dates of the AIR series recordings, and a couple of other links between reissues etc, so I am really grateful for that.
ragamala

Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "vevek"
impressive discography.
there is in addition a very good double CD entitled "musician's musician" which has a stunning charukeshi on it. Im sure there may be others
cheers
V
That's, I think

Biswas Records BIS62 Musician's Musician issued 1997
No tabla player credited, date unknown. Abhijit Banerjee on tabla Alternative title Pandit Nikhil Banerjee Lives Forever/The Best Sitar Player.
Wolverhampton, England 1984
01 - Charukeshi (CD 1)
02 - Shyam Kalyan (CD 2)

You'll find this, various oddities and newer releases eg the recent Raga Music Communications series, in my discog.

There's also a bunch of lp/cassette/cd covers etc... and some music, in the NB folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=43b1bc60a0a7e63591b20cc0d07ba4d22a35c45e363f5a9f
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.