INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Pandit Nayan Ghosh on sitar with Mallar Ghosh on tabla. Rag Jhinjoti. Concert at the University of Colorado at Boulder, october 24, 1999.

This is one of the concerts they gave (also with Buddhadhev das Gupta) during their week-long stay in Boulder Colorado, during which I had my few lessons with Mallar Ghosh.

(As far as I know this concert has never been uploaded to utube before).

and on this clip Nayan Ghosh sings a folk song nicely accompanied by Mallar Ghosh with a light 8 beat thekas, I believe it's something like this but please correct me if I am wrong:

Dhin - | dha dhin | - dhin | na ge |
Dhin - | dha tin | - tin | na ke

Pascal
p.s. as far as I can tell this may be the only full performance with Mallar Ghosh on tabla. He has toured frequently in Europe but I can't find anything on utube.

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
TablaBeatz

Reply with quote  #2 
I am currently listening to the first video clip - and it's amazing !
Nayan Ghosh on the sitar is fantastic - I haven't listed to sitar/raagas like this for a long time -

Very relaxing and soothing music - and ofcourse Mallar Ghosh's accompaniment is excellent and very fitting -

"The beginning of life is rhythm. When you’re in the womb your mother’s heart is beating at (about 90) decibels ... we were born of vibration 13.7 billion years ago with the explosion of the universe."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.