INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
barend

Reply with quote  #1 
I couldn't find much about this style of sitar playing and it intrigues me.
They have a total different technique and posture with the use of tree fingers and the lack of meend and more prominent use of krintan techniques. And also they tune in G or F mostly. And the sitars don't have taraf strings. The sound is more metallic.

Is there some more info on this playing style? the tunings? What are interesting players?

barend

Reply with quote  #2 
Yet another great contribution from you Nick! This one is for you. Enjoy or be frustrated again. It's up to you.

barend

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippymonkey@gmail.com
OK Let's all hear YOU play any better !!!!!
NOPE THOUGHT NOT you useless bastard !!!!!!!!!!!

Nick you are really getting annoying. I have nothing to prove to you. Just as you I have been on this forum for a very long time. Your contributions used to be good in the past but lately you are just trolling and offending people here....What is your problem? And why did you delete the post to the one I reacted in post #2?
And stop sending me offending PM's!
I hope the moderators join in.
barend

Reply with quote  #4 
Ok I will just ignore all the offending comments and the even more offending PM and try to go on with the topic.

To me it seems this style is not classical but more rooted in Pakistani folk music. I am not familiar with this Pakistani sitar style but there seem to be a lot of players playing like this. I am curious about the roots and the historic background of this. Whether I like it or not is not the issue here.
barend

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippymonkey@gmail.com
Yes Please do. I was just bothered by your remark which came off as if I wan't entitled to HAVE an opinion on your clip. 
Maybe it would've been better to just say so - ie it was 'only' an opinion from a classical POV anyway.

It's not that I mind if anyone disagrees. You don't have to like it. I don't care. That's not the issue here. It's the way how you say it which is just plain offending and very disrespectful to other players (even famous ones) and forum members. You do the same in other topics when something is not in your alley. The PM you send me is way out of line.

I never stated that I liked this style or not. I just made this topic because I am interested in the background since there is hardly anything I can find on it.

I hope we can just go on with this topic.

trippymonkey@gmail.com

Reply with quote  #6 
AGREED BUT how can one dislike something WITHOUT 'possibly' offending that person-people?

YOU seem to be offended because I went into details as to WHY I didn't like it. It almost made me look like I'd offended YOUR playing.?!!?

Why so offended anyway if you never said anything about whether you liked it or not.??

Seems you saw this as an opportunity to, as we say in the UK, have a go at ME ?!?!?
Why not just have said something like 'OK, Nick that's YOUR opinion but I quite like it'?
MY mistake was comparing it to CLASSICAL sitar playing which I did.
MY mistake & for that I do apologise.

Best
Nick
mizrable

Reply with quote  #7 
the only thing worthy of all caps in the last post is “UK”
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.