INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
soul1newyorkcity

Reply with quote  #1 
I hate to do this but times a hard and I need to part with this amazing late 60's early 70's Rikhi Ram... That was 100% made by the master himself.

The history is quite interesting and simple.... A spiritual follower/chanter of Krishna Das went to spend a few years in India and while there he decided he was going to play the sitar and of course Krishna Das was more than happy to pull a few strings and get one of his best friends the finest sitar India had to offer... The owner took the sitar back to America where he died just a few years later and it was literally sitting in the case with no strings on it for almost 35+ years.... It was barely played but treated like a new born son. Hence it looks brand new but you can see the fading of time on it.

The sound is amazing as told to me by Irshad Khan and Shahid Parvez both of who I have taken lessons with. Although the sitar is traditionally Ravi style with an upper tumba. I had it re-strung and learned to play with it set up as Vilyat Khan. The sound is rich, deep, warm and from I've been told is broken in without ever having to be broken in!

I have plenty of pics to offer and would be happy to answer any questions...

Asking price is 2,500 or make me an offer I will have trouble refusing....and even comes with the original wooden case which is quite a sight to see... The price includes shipping. I will be driving across America in July and would be happy to make a pit stop to sell this wonderful piece of history!

Please email me at

glennjason@aol.com

or you can call me 917-941-1602

Attached Images
jpeg sitar4.jpg (76.40 KB, 2 views)
jpeg sitar2.jpg (59.73 KB, 2 views)
jpeg sitar3.jpg (72.24 KB, 2 views)

soul1newyorkcity

Reply with quote  #2 
just added a few pics... I have about 20 more if anyone needs to see!!!

Attached Images
jpeg sitar5.jpg (71.79 KB, 2 views)
jpeg sitar6.jpg (78.31 KB, 2 views)

coughcapkittykat

Reply with quote  #3 
That's beautiful, wish I could afford it!
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "coughcapkittykat"
That's beautiful, wish I could afford it!
My sentiments exactly. Good luck with your sale!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.