INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
singhhh_ap

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

Can you please share your practice tips. How do you keep track of variations in Peshkar? It happens to me sometimes that I forget what's the next variation/Paltas.
evening84

Reply with quote  #2 
My 2 cents. There's not a lot of peshkar themes (when compared with say the kaida and/or rela forms). The dilli peshkar is developed along the same lines as a kaida to begin with and then jati changes can be introduced and one can work one's way towards the kaida that would inevitably follow the peshkar. I develop and play the paltas as 'groups of paltas' - at least that is how I tend to internalize them. Everytime you sit down to play, you may not develop the same 'groups'. I have only received one dilli peshkar from my teacher and typically the paltas in one group develop with each palta subtly hinting at what is to follow and that makes the memorization easier. Not sure if this really answers your question but the point is that grouping the paltas into sets may help the process of internalizing them. And then there are the paltas that introduce a new jati with a mere hint - say playing the tisra-jati-phrases in just few matras in the middle of the cycle; I sometimes tend to linger on these like a record-player with a stuck needle. One would not do that in an actual performance but the only performance I do is my own riyaaz, which is a performance for my own self and as such I can flout all rules. Sometimes I would play the same palta multiple times - once with every phrase-start landing on the beginning of the matra; next with some phrases (particualrly tirekite) shifting to slightly off-beat position; sometimes playing out the phrases like a rubber-band, periodically stretching and contracting and of-course arriving at sum with a smile. I love my teacher's analogy of comparing a peshkar performance to looking at the ocean on a beach; look at the multitude of forms in which the waves come ashore to sum. Peshkar is food for the soul - savour it. Give it some structure but let it develop organically according to your personality. Sorry if this sounds like some sort of New-Age crap but the only point I am trying to make here is that the form allows for a lot of creativity and spontaneity and it is infinitely more satisfying in a somewhat free-form development. When I sit down to play peshkar, I am never quite sure how long I will be at it : sometimes it is five minutes; other times it is fifty-five minutes.
singhhh_ap

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you! I think it makes sense to group paltas and see them as group 1,2,3 and keep going with it.
Sumeraxe

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow nice, perfect thx ! Exactly what I was looking for !
If you have other ideas ...

We offer best quality http://www.spanishprograms.com/ test papers and dumps materials. You can spanishprograms - best spanish learning software get our 100% guaranteed questions BBC’s languages to help you in passing the real exam of Foreign Service Institute

We offer best quality http://www.spanishprograms.com/ test papers and dumps materials. You can spanishprograms - best spanish learning software get our 100% guaranteed questions BBC’s languages to help you in passing the real exam of Foreign Service Institute
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.