INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #1 
p
bhilaj51

Reply with quote  #2 
Yes its true another London legend has passed and i first saw him play in the early 70's along with the tabla player ishmael Sheik (also passed) They were the early resident pioneers of ICM in London as well as Keshav Sathe (tabla) who also passed recently. I had the pleasure of doing a session in the 90's with Kadir and Clem Alford (sitar) Clem has recently been seriously ill and just out of hospital this week after 2 months being in. We did a session for a film by Eric Idle of Monty Python fame amongst other things , the music director was the late Michael Kamen who was terrific and i thought the music we all provided was also pretty darn good but Idle sat with a face like a smacked butt all the way through the session never spoke a word to any of us and i'm afraid thats my abiding memopry of him !! Needless to say he never used 1 note of any of our music which was for a film about an Indian family and ended up using naff western music probably to avoid the cliche of Indian music for an indian themed film , but why hire us in in the first place ? anyway we had a great time and Kadir played some hot stuff with Clem especially in drut teental , it was smokin ! - I guess we are all moving up the queue - RIP Kadir Durvesh but in the meantime as Eric Idle does famously sing in the film "The life of Brian" "Always look on the bright side of life "
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #3 
p
bhilaj51

Reply with quote  #4 
yes Nick, Kesh developed a brain tumour and at least he passed away peacefully in his sleep, Clem was visiting him & now poor Clem has been taken to pieces in Hospital and just got out in the past few days , He wont be the same again & his sitar will be having more rest along with him but as ever Clem's mind is still fighting fit ! Oh dear whats happened to ICM in the UK its in a dreadful state , hardly a decent concert to be had anywhere , so much for all the "organisations" or "Foundations" Bhilaj51
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.