INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #1 
I never knew, apparently those G Rosul sitars hawked by MidEast Mfg are actually worth close to eight grand!!!

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/msg/3179134756.html

Get it while the gettin's good!

My favorite bit: "I bought it at a pawn shop for WAY WAY more than I am selling it for. They had it listed for over $7,700, I included a picture of their price tag, but I didn't pay quite that much."
OM GUY

Reply with quote  #2 
But..... you do get a new set of strings, that famous book with Raviji on the cover...and that delux travel case....I guess you are SOL on the extra mizrabs, however....

Reply with quote  #3 
Message sent. This guys gettin a good talkin' to.

Reply with quote  #4 
I wonder if it was originally 7743 rupees?
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
What a LIAR!!!!! NOBODY with a passing interest in sitars would pay a 5th of that price!!!
Is he, as we say in the UK, taking the piss????

Nick
chrisitar

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
I wonder if it was originally 7743 rupees?
That's my guess, but that's only 138 US$. He hasn't responded to me yet, I'm shocked that there's another sitar in the whole state, much less just a few blocks from me!

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't G Rosul a low end sitar that one would find on ebay/MidEast? I don't expect everyone to know about these things and I understand that he is 'hyping' this instrument up by saying "hand made" "pro style" "name brand" so it sells. Maybe he saw my sitar I'm selling and is trying to one-up me!

Reply with quote  #7 
That tag could have been perhaps not even a price but a stock number, who knows. I didn't see a dollar sign. He's either a bit of a charlatan, or an unfortunately ignorant victim himself (if he really did pay more than $600 for it at a pawn shop!). Could be a fine beginner's sitar, but it could also be firewood, and if I had 600 to drop on a sitar, I'd go with one of Lars' Varanasi ones I think.

I thought of you Chris since they are in Columbia...I feel the same way about sitars sometimes, guess there's more of them here in Missouri than one thinks.
chrisitar

Reply with quote  #8 
I said I would replace and tune the strings for him, since the baj is missing :roll: , and he said he wants to sell it as is. Huh?! Now he's ignoring me...
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.