INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
chriscook50

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there

Just to let you know I'm back from my second trip to India, and again it was dominated by sitar study with Pt Shivnath Mishra at the fantastic Benares Music Academy. Last year I uploaded my notes on Bagesghree and this year I've done similar with my studies of Raga Tilak Khamod. I realise that each teacher teaches a slightly different version to each student but never the less, I thought It might be useful to some people out there. I may also upload some audio excerpts of lessons but for now it's just written notes. Feel free to get in touch about anything related, questions/advice/corrections etc

http://chriscook50.wordpress.com/notes-on-raaag-tilak-khamod/
Bakersbites786

Reply with quote  #2 
You're an extremely generous fella, sharing all your material. I for one am very grateful. I'm sure I'll be able to use ideas and transfer them to what I'm learning.

I'll b getting in touch with u. I'm sure u can help out.

Thanks again Chris
Ramtin

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks a lot for this. It is very kind of you to share your notes.
randyh

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for the post. So interesting to see other interpretations. My teacher almost never allows G R S. He uses RGS almost exclusively. I really like looking at the tans and patterns. Really nice of you to post thanks.
chriscook50

Reply with quote  #5 
It's my pleasure

Yes I think it was just in the occasional taan that GRS got used, otherwise the descent is indeed kept 'oblique' , 'vakra' or 'zigzag' as you say with R to G before S or GM, RG, N.S
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.