INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
TK

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello All:
I’ve been in the process of moving to a new home the last few weeks. Consequently, I haven’t been able to mail out any Nikhi B. DVDs. I’ll be getting my work-station up this week.
If you haven’t received your DVD (replacements included) please Private Message me your postal address again.
Please specify if this is a replacement DVD (for those who’s original wouldn’t play correctly), and what format (PAL or NTSC) you require.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but with the holidays, and a move, I’ve lost track of who has/hasn’t received what.
Ps: I’ve changed my Forum name to avoid confusion with Tommy from Ireland.
Tom.

Anonymous

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Tom,

Just read your post with interest regarding the Nikhil Banerjee DVD. I am in the midst of producing a documentary film on Nikhil Banerjee (was dormant for a long time and is now again moving forward) - and am curious as to what material you have on this DVD?

You can reach me directly at sbaig@igc.org

Thanks,
Steven Baigel
povster

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "StevenB"
Hi Tom,

Just read your post with interest regarding the Nikhil Banerjee DVD. I am in the midst of producing a documentary film on Nikhil Banerjee (was dormant for a long time and is now again moving forward) - and am curious as to what material you have on this DVD?

You can reach me directly at sbaig@igc.org

Thanks,
Steven Baigel
Hey Steven! Great news that the documentary is going forward again. As I had told you, that 12 minute sample on your web page was really nice and made me want to see much more. Here's hoping eveything falls into place!...Michael

Anonymous

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Tom,

good news, and thank you. After all this time, my Nikhil Banerjee DVD has arrived in Australia.

I know you had to work with poor footage but there is no denyig the performance.

Love the Sitar lesson with the 'basic' Gat. I have a long way to go before I can play like that.

Best regards

>Raymond
adunc069

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi TK, I just recieved mine today. The packaging is very, very nice and the picture of the gourdon the cd is cool too...Oh yeah it's a great film you made. That must've taken alot of work. I really appreciate that you went to all that effort. I will be sending my donation as a thanks to yo for the dvd. If you like, I can write some parts out and send? I'm going to start with the jhalla section since that really grabbed me today when I watched it. Though I did have to skim through it before class and work today, after this I'm going to watch the whole thing. Thanks again

secret agent adunc069

sitarman

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Tom,
I hope no one minds reading yet another praise from me but that DVD is amazing- a blessing to watch and hear, and the love and generosity you have shown in making it available is likewise a blessing.
barend

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Tom,

I also recieved mine...it is like a present to me....that art work is so nice...looks really professional and done with love for the music....that swans before each track, that is so cool, and the upper tumba as a cover for the actual DVD is great...super!!!....

You have done some nice work here!! thank you so much....I yet have to watch the DVD, but I guess I will love it..

I will send you a donation by mail...that is the easiest for me.
Anonymous

Reply with quote  #8 
Hey Tom,

Just had to say thanks.
It's a great DVD put together with care and thought.

Thanks again for your time and effort.
Mesh
barend

Reply with quote  #9 
The DVD is really great especially that documentary.....what documentary is that and what more is on that documentary???

And does anyone know what raga is that baul?
and the second drut gat, what raga is that??......really nice!
jaan e kharabat

Reply with quote  #10 
Hello Tom

I want to thank you for the DVD that i recieved the other day. A truly great idea and you and all that helped put this together have done a fine job of it, from cover to content.

I love the performance, NB really did warm up to some scintilating play in Khamaaj. I also love his little foray into what, Kafi? territory.

The interview was great how you have put it to pictures, and i also love the dhun with the fantastic tabla player smile ...

Reply with quote  #11 
Hey Tom

I recieved the DVD today, what a suprise!! It arrived on my day off

All the hard work that went into this is greatly appreciated. What a fantasitic DVD, THANK YOU
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.