INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
billruppert

Reply with quote  #1 
I will see if I can move it to the off topic section.
I only posted here as there have been discussions about it here in the past.
Sorry
cabernethy

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Bill,

Do you honestly think that this sounds like a real sitar ?

I can see where it's going but it just sounds like a digital wash to me, sorry, then again I'm used to the sound of the real thing. Maybe a demo without the use of delay & reverb would bring it closer to the real thing ?

Carl
billruppert

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Carl
Thanks for the reply.
No its not a sitar, its an effect pedal that creates some new sounds for anyone with a 1/4 output.
Its purpose is not to be a replacement for anything but to make new sounds.
Thanks again.
Bill
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #4 
Interesting idea (as most EHX pedals are) but for sound quality its not quite in the realm of a Coral-style actual sitar-guitar, or the Line6 Variax model of the Coral.

Ironically, I think this pedal would have a market in basically every other place BUT this forum...ie., for an average guitarist uninterested in Hindustani music or sitar it makes some neat tones, but for people who play sitar, its not going to be for them. It's hard to get that sound from straight signal processing. Even your basic keyboard usually has a more realistic sound, because it can generate a sample of the tone, not just try to filter it and EQ it to approximate.

Credit to the engineers as usual, its got some clever features. Would be good for noise-rockers as it certainly seems on the noisy side!
billruppert

Reply with quote  #5 
ragamala

Reply with quote  #6 
Stick to your guns Bill!

reinstate the post here!

Moved anywhere out of the sitar forum your post's as much chance of being read as a bible in a whorehouse....
TCPerez

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "billruppert"
Sorry
I can't seem to find the Off-Topic forum... Did it get deleted or something? :?:
theprosperone

Reply with quote  #8 
Personally, I'd love to give it a whirl. I think folks who have a little better understanding of how sitar/Indian music works would have a better chance of dialing something interesting in with this pedal. The ability to do a unique drone plus set parameters for sympathetic responses seems interesting. I would bet in the hands of an accomplished electric guitarist, this thing could make some great sounds. I do not think the idea is to imitate but rather to take inspiration from the sitar to take the electric guitar sounds new places. Just like with any gear that has a lot of features, a quick youtube demo will never do it justice. I'd love a chance to play around with one in person...
chefothefuture

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "ragamala"
Stick to your guns Bill!

reinstate the post here!

Moved anywhere out of the sitar forum your post's as much chance of being read as a bible in a whorehouse....
Ahh, but the Father and Savior's name gets called out quite loudly ...... :twisted: :evil:
barend

Reply with quote  #10 
I like this pedal. It does not emulate a sitar but it creates some very interesting synthy 'eastern' sounds. Especially combined with some other pedals like a delay it will sound very nice (like on the clip below). And it is something new to the already existing effect pedals on the market:
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.