INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
naad_brahma

Reply with quote  #1 
For the longest time Raag Parameshwari has been a huge favorite of mine. The only recording I could find of panditji playing it was done in the 80's. One of the Record Store Day releases this year is some classic Ravi Shankar from 1971 playing this raag as well as Sindhi Bhairavi, and a short dhun. Absolutely wonderful recording. You can tell he was in a good mental place, so much magic is happening.
It would be well worth a look to see if your local record store has this LP. It's worth every penny. I've listened to the album twice already today.

http://northernspyrecords.com/music/in-hollywood-1971/
trippymonkey

Reply with quote  #2 
Pretty sure I now have this on CD !!!

Nick
naad_brahma

Reply with quote  #3 
There is a CD with Parameshwari but this album is previously unreleased material. This is yet another rendition of the raag, that's why I love the album so much.
desh

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "naad_brahma"
... It's worth every penny. I've listened to the album twice already today...
Thanks for the recommendation. I tried to buy a digital version (mp3 or flac) but the price is $99.99 US - that's a lot of pennies. Not doubting the value of this recording, but for me it's a bit too much.
naad_brahma

Reply with quote  #5 
You can buy the record on ebay for way cheaper and it comes with a download of the mp3 album for free.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.