INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Prafulla Athalye

Reply with quote  #1 
Dear all,

It gives me a great pleasure to announce that the app, "Sarangi Lehra" I have been working on with "i2e Consulting", has been released and is now available on Apple app store at the following url to purchase -

https://itunes.apple.com/app/sarangi-lehra-by-prafulla/id1089508356?mt=8

In this app, there are recorded Lehras of live Sarangi (played by very talented young Maestroes, Shri. Sandeep Mishra and Shri. Farooque Latif Khan) in various Taals. These Lehras can be played in the range of 40 BPM (Beats per minute) and 450 BPM and that too at any pitch. There is an option for fine tuning just in case if user wants to tune Sarangi Sound instead of tuning his Tabla. There is also an option of adding metronome as it is necessary for a Tabla player to get a reference point especially in the slower speeds playing with the Sarangi loop.

It gives a great experience while doing daily riyaz (practice) because of the Natural Soulful Sound of Sarangi. I am very sure that now "Sarangi Lehra" will certainly encourage all the Tabla players of all levels to do even more riyaz and will therefore take them to the next level.

I would like to dedicate this app to my Guruji, late "Ustad Allarakha ji". Hope you all will enjoy practising with a real Sarangi.

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Prafulla,

This is great - one can never have enough lehera and lehera-apps ! Would you let me know what raagas are the leheras in ? (just the teentaal list would suffice - that's all I need for the most part)

Thanks.

Prafulla Athalye

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi evening84,

Currrently, there are 5 raags in Teentaal, and 2 raags in Dadra, Keherwa, Rupak, Mattataal, Jhaptaal, Chartaal ki Sawari and Ektaal. In Teentaal, currently, there are Bhatiyaar, Charukeshi, Gorakh Kalyan, Din ki Puriya and Yaman. Soon, we will add few more lehras in different Taals in addition to some other Taals which are not there in the list at the moment. We will also add Harmonium Lehras in the near future.

For Dadra and Keherwa, we have recorded thumries especially for the practice of
Laggies. I hope Tabla players will love practising with a real Sarangi. Thanks.

Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Prafulla,
Ur app does’nt work anymore on My IPhone X And nor is available in de AppStore. Since I paid about € 25,oo I kindly request You pls 2 fix This problem.

Happy 2020 To U & all members!

Regards,
Ashis

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.