INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
fossesitar

Reply with quote  #16 
Safely in Vallarta (Puerto Vallarta) with the new (for me) Hiren Roy. How I ended up at age 70 in such a fabulous place with such a wonderful sitar is..... blind luck I guess. Even a blind squirrel gets and acorn every once in a while............

The brass chikari posts Tony installed are THE BOMB! Enhanced volume and clarity from chikari and they look SO cool! Brass endpiece gives peace of mind, beautiful new white delrin bridges are to die for both appearance and sound. The frets are, like all Karasek tie-ons, solid as a rock. So for that matter is the neck of this sitar! A weak neck? You must have been thinking of an entirely different sitar my friend, this is the ONLY classical acoustic sitar that rivals one of my carbon Ultras for pitch stability during meend! NO perceptible pitch sag on four notes, barely perceptible (if you listen very closely) on five.

A masterful sitar built by the best (Hiren Roy) and set up by the best sitar tech on the planet......... GF
barend

Reply with quote  #17 
Good to hear. Looks like you have a winner! would love to play that beauty...
Enjoy the practice!
rex@sitar.co.za

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "fossesitar"
NO perceptible pitch sag on four notes, barely perceptible (if you listen very closely) on five.
That's also been my experience with Hiren Roys.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.