INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Sitarlove

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello!

I am very new at this (sitar and forum). I'm not sure if this even is the right place to introduce myself.

Anyways, I just got my beautiful Mangla Prasad Sharma Concert Tun Sitar from Bharat at sitarsetc.com. I live in Boise, Idaho, but I would like to go to Seattle once a month to take sitar lessons, if I can find a teacher. It would have to be on the weekends, as I am too busy during the weekdays. I would appreciate any leads anyone can help me with.

Thanks,
Ian
Andius

Reply with quote  #2 
Sitarlove,

Yes, this IS the right place to introduce yourself. I live in the UK, so cannot help with your enquiry about a teacher in Seattle; but I bet many other guys on this forum could help you. Come on you Stateside guys, help this person!
Anyway, good luck on the sitar; good road to tread!
povster

Reply with quote  #3 
Have you contacted http://www.ragamala.org/ about teahcers in the area? They are Seattle based.
Neal

Reply with quote  #4 
Ian,
Ask Bharat if Lars does any teaching, as he is in Seattle...
Neal

I live in Boise, Idaho, but I would like to go to Seattle once a month to take sitar lessons, if I can find a teacher. It would have to be on the weekends, as I am too busy during the weekdays. I would appreciate any leads anyone can help me with.

Thanks,
Ian
Sitarlove

Reply with quote  #5 
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your help! Now I have some good places to start looking. I am glad I found the right place to introduce myself.

Ian
povster

Reply with quote  #6 
Lettuce all know how things go, Ian!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.