INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
shen

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there,

I'm in currently in Varanasi and will be here until mid-April.
If anyone would like tabla and/or spare skins, wadi or other supplies sent from here, I might be able to help out.

My tabla maker is Mohammad Anwar, with whom I've developed a good relationship over the years. His syahi are very strong and I particularly like his bayans. I've had consistent success with his spare skins too.

Enquiries: shen@ethnosuperlounge.com

My websites:
http://www.ethnosuperlounge.com
shenflindell.blogspot.com
shenweb.blogspot.com
RevolvingSound

Reply with quote  #2 
so good of you to offer that to all of us members, can you give us approx. shipping costs and all, can we wire money to you there etc etc? or should we consider that once we ar sure that we want you to order for us?

B
shen

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi there,

Sorry it's taken a while to reply - I didn't get any email notification of your reply, for some reason...

After a few enquiries I've settled on the following price plan:
Tabla-bayan set - depends on special requests but I charge Anwar's price plus Rs3000 plus postage. For a good tabla, copper bayan, spare tabla & bayan skins, hard case, covers, rings, hammer this works out to Rs9500 plus postage.
Spare skins - Rs1000 for first skin + Rs700 each thereafter plus postage.

Unfortunately I've yet to check current postage prices but last year airmail of 13kg tabla-bayan set to US cost Rs2800.

For getting money to me, if you're in Australia or Japan you can deposit direct to my bank account. Otherwise, it's been suggested that sending money to a friend of mine in Australia will be cheaper than using Western Union to India. Or what about PayPal? From what I can see, it should be easy to send me money that way... Anyone know about that?

I think the prices I'm offering will be comparable to what you can buy in a shop in your country, but with much better quality.

My websites:
shenweb.blogspot.com
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #4 
Shen Dost

Where in Varanasi are you? I'm at the Ankita Guest House, Pandey Ghat. I'm in regular contact with Ramesh at SA RE GA MA down Bengali Tola & also Chotelal at the Kashika.

We may have already met actually but don't know it.

Nick English sitarist
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
We should be meeting soon as I think you're the Aussie tabla player Vinod the flute player wants me to meet so we can perform together.

We'll see if he can pull it off before we both leave.

Nick
shen

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Nick,

Yes, that would be me. Vinod is upstairs from me.
See you soon,

My websites:
shenweb.blogspot.com
Anonymous

Reply with quote  #7 
Respect to all,

Based on my personal experience I can really recommend buying from this guy. He sent me two dayan puries which are really fresh and the quality is absolutely great. Somebody to trust.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.