INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #1 
I thought I'd post these seperately
Check out this folder link to see them. Nice shots of NB practising.

http://www.esnips.com/web/India2008

Ragas are Jaunpuri & Mand with Swapan Chaudhury on tabla. Got a feeling I already have these on a CD from last year's trip to India.

Nick
Mulamoodan

Reply with quote  #2 
About the pictures of the broken sitar- I would be devastated.. How are you coping, Trip?
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #3 
Been working on the broken sitar last night & thanks for the concern!!!

I felt it needed some small screws just under the side decoration that lead to the 'curly' tabli carvings, just to make sure it's secure. I also used a very strong glue too.
Will be working on closing all the cracked bits where I had to join it back together because of the broken gourd.

Still awaiting a black sitar & my 'old' one & the Delhi one. Fingers crossed.

Nick
Mulamoodan

Reply with quote  #4 
Geez, how many sitars do you have?
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
Some are just 'passing through' so to speak. The old one was a little gem that turned up & couldn't be resisted. I always liked the black design & the other 'Delhi one' is for a friend.

Nick
rex@sitar.co.za

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "trippy
I felt it needed some small screws just under the side decoration that lead to the 'curly' tabli carvings, just to make sure it's secure. I also used a very strong glue too.

My hat off to you, sir, I can't even look at the picture without wanting to run screaming from the room!
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
I was NOT very pleased when it arrived & even more so in that I have absolutely NO RECOURSE regarding compensation as the tossers at Parcelforce say I have to get on to those cretins at India Speedpost who have even less interest.
I really can't believe that, even though they actually always deliver my sitars, Parcelforce will do F. ALL about anything. They have no responsibilty whatsoever to deliver to me anything undamaged as I didn't 'sign up' with them in the first place. No insurance claim entertained!!! :evil:

SIGH!!!!
It's fibreglass boxes ALL the way next time.

Nick
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.