INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
adunc069

Reply with quote  #1 
I am very happy to say, I finally invested in a new sitar. When I bought my first sitar, I was completely ripped off for it. I traded 2 electric guitars and a digital delay Korg pedal, for the cheapest model that Bina offers. Can you say ripped off? It was $500 "trade in". But now, I can proudly say I know the difference between a really great sitar, and a really low quality one. To deal with an honest, sincere person is really nice. But I don't know who made it. the person who sold it to me won't say. I think he's got a secret untapped source for really good sitars. Whoever it is, Mashalla for his skills and sitars.

ANyways, the sitar is a beautiful black sitar. My friend gave me a bridge for my Bina, but I put it on the new sitar, and it sounds soooooooo good. I have no complaints. The only thing is the bridges that came with the sitar are as open as a farmers field. That's why I switched the top one. Also, the sitar looks exactly like Ustad ki sitar. I am so happy, just wanted to share some happiness via internet. It even came with one of those fiberglass, gold-plated, red velvet interior pimp sitar cases with it. Thank God for monthly payments

Maybe I can post some pictures with one of those picture websites and post some sound bytes. really, it's such a nice sitar. I even get the harmonics with the meend just like Ustadji. Also has the same ornamental specs as Ustadji's sitar too. the sound of the sitar is great. Okay, 'nuff about happy for now.

Adam

Jay M

Reply with quote  #2 
Congrats Adam. I hope to get exactly what you have in the next couple years. Who is the maker? How much was it?

P.S.

Did you get my paypal payment for the DVD?

sitarman

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey, happy is good! I know the feeling. Many years ago, when I had my first quality sitar show up (9 month wait for the Hiren Roy left handed- like expecting a baby!! ) I picked it up and couldn't believe the difference from my commercial model I had learned on (not that I'm not still learning!) I'm surprised that the builder didn't put his label on the sitar as is usual. In any case, enjoy and play the heck out of it!
beenkar

Reply with quote  #4 
Adam.

I am still to get my NB DVD!!

daz199

Reply with quote  #5 
post some sound clips
i wanna hear you play 8)
azem

Reply with quote  #6 
I bought my first sitar from Jas in London and even though I did think they were very nice and helpful at the time, I do now realise that I'd been sold an old donkey. After a year or so I noticed that the neck had warped!

It was only when I played on my teacher's sitar once when I realised how crap mine was.

I bought an old sitar on ebay later. the seller didn't take enough care in packing it, and the gourd was in pieces when it arrived.
after doing a lot of research i carefully reconstructed the gourd bit by bit and restored the sitar. The sound is so much warmer and nicer than my first sitar (which I hardly touch anymore).
adunc069

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi, Beenkar, I think you've confused me with TK (I think that's his user name) was the one doing the NB dvd's.

I will post some sound clips when I figure out how to. Unless I can send it to someone and have them post it?

I don't know who the maker is. I'm not privy to that kind of info.

I will post soon with sound clips.

Adam

adunc069

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi, I've recorded a short excerpt of Jaijaivanti that Ustadji taught me last year. Any volunteer to post it? I could send the clip to you, and then you could post it?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.