INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
rajabala

Reply with quote  #16 
thanks dear...no skin rehead till now...i've many dayans and bayans at home so i'm using those for practice now...i will rehead one of my creation in few months...

thanks again
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "rajabala"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "hbajpai"
They are beautiful! Good work.

Can you post some techniques surrounding joinery and fabrication? Are they concentric circles of wood like another guy from Italy on this forum attempted.

Where are you based? Are you willing to teach me/us?
hi dear.. rajabala and annamalayaar are the same user...

didi you remember me?
You are the same guy in Italy that I send 3 pudi's in support of your experiment? Sweet. Once again very nice work.

Tell you what I will send you 6 additional free pudi's if you can send me one of your dayan preferably in the 6" diameter. I really like the darker one or the one with patches of different wood. Let me know. Thanks.
rajabala

Reply with quote  #18 
You are the same guy in Italy that I send 3 pudi's in support of your experiment? Sweet. Once again very nice work.

Tell you what I will send you 6 additional free pudi's if you can send me one of your dayan preferably in the 6" diameter. I really like the darker one or the one with patches of different wood. Let me know. Thanks.

Hi dear how are you? I'm glad you like my artistic creations. I remember very well that you have sent the skins ...1 by 6 inches, 1 by 7.5 inches (approx) and 1 of 5. I also remember that gave me the exact measurements of how to build the daya in height, width and depth of the excavation procedure. At that time my plans were to sleep because I was busy with other things and had no time to devote to them. I just want to clarify the details so you can understand the situation.These dayans are very expensive, the fact that wood here in Italy has some very high prices (if you want good wood or particular). For example, the black with white stripes that you like it costs about euro 100 /110 to me, without any gain on my part for the hours worked. If I were to count the hours doing a fair price this would cost around 150 / 170 euros which should be added to customs duties and shipping costs. ( when i received your poodis here i was to pay about 25 euro or something in customs value if i remember correct...i must to have the receipt somewhere in my home ), so customs value can't be escaped.This is really too much for a daya....for me. For that i use to create only for me. For make a dayan like this I have to buy a piece of wood 2 meters long, 25 cm in width and 4 cm thick. The same for made the white line , only in 4mm in thick. For a good, hard wood, the cost of a table of this size is around 50/70 euros. Naturally this price is a wholesale from a big distributor in my area. Much wood is wasted during the processing of planing, cutting and turning ... about 40%. Turning process have a cost too. I do not want you to think that I have your skins and now i don't want to make a dayan for you .... absolutely not. Indeed, if the cost is too high for you i may return the skins. But I do not know what could cost the shipping to your place.
If you want I can send you what I have here at home black with white stripes, but not very heavy ... about 3 kg. the diameter is 5.75. Price is 100 euro + shipping costs...at this price we remove the price of the skins you sent me...but i don't know how you paid them....i use to pay 10/15 euro each .Exept for the 5 size one that is really low manifacture for me, you can check from the quality of the leather and the gajra work is really bad ( did you agree with me for this last one ? ).If you want one new I can do but you have to take account that the price is not cheap. I leave you to decide ....

I hope that the text is clear, as translated by google translator.

let me know!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.