INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
shajenm

Reply with quote  #1 
I bought my first Tabla- after a long time.
As a child I used to mimic the tabla plays of poplular film songs when I listen in radio, on wooden tables.
I can mimic almost nearly the tirikete and others - but only on wooden tables and utensils.
I think I have rythm and and sense of timing.

But now on tabla I have hard time for playing. the fingres used in tabla are different. the order of fingers used in tbla are different.

Looks like I have to "unlearn" all the fingering I learned myself past several years.
Now I learned the correct finger order or TiRekiTe ( 2-1-ki-3) and when tabla produce the correct sound I feel joy.
I have long long way to go. I see a lot of resources on this site. Hope they will help me.

Thanks
-Shajen
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey Shajen. I bet you're great on a steering wheel as well. Keep driving the waitresss in restaurants crazy with your table top tabla riffs. That too is great joy ! ! ! Happy to hear you now have a set of tabla. Love and respect them and practice hard. All the best. Tony K

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Reply with quote  #3 
I got my first Tabla when I was in 3rd standard. That is still with me & in good condition..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hip hop music

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.