INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #1 
hi all...I would like to share with you this video. I put a skin today. the size is 5.75 - the pitch is A.i would like to have comment and criticism from you about my work.
I post the link:

thanks ops:

No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #2 
It sounds more like a Kolkata Skin. Have you felt the skin with your fingers to check the Thickness. How does it feel?
The Sound is Good, More like a Pakhawaj, But What I like the most is the Custom made Shell by you. Great Job.

-U
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #3 
Upendra thanks! the skin was not as thin as the skin of Calcutta, except for the the kinar.i noticed that the skins of Benares all have that dark green color - gray with black spots .did you know this kind of skin quality?
Wasim from Banaras is one of my favorite makers .. every skin has a beautiful timber and long sustain too.. i have one which the sustain is about 10 seconds...wow !!!
The dayan is not so wide but it sounds a bit like packawaj as you say.
is a question of density of the wood in your opinion? or the skin/tonality ?
how did you find the rehead work ?
Wasim wrote in kinara A _ B so I did that the skin had that tone.
Thanks again for your comment i'm pleased to receive positive reviews from a respected tabla maker

thanks 8)

No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #4 
I think you have done a good reheading job. I guess, you have done it many times so now you are a pro at it.
Dhani_

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow, that's incredible!
greatjuul

Reply with quote  #6 
Yeaaah!

i also like those pudis. I had taken some from mumtaz ahmed (raju) and it was sounding exactly the same.

But it is a bit fragile.. on 8 pudis i've bought, 1 has broken during reheading and one has broken after a few month

those skins can make any tabla shell sound, even the worst...

Reply with quote  #7 
For Banaras type pudis, I've had really good ones that have been sent by Shen(Ethnosuperlounge). I've never had one break or buzz and one that I reheaded 4 years ago sounds and looks new.

Protest Warrior sign.
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #8 
hi guys...i want to share another reheading experience ...the pudi is from Subimal das ( kolkata ) , the dayan is from kolkata ( mukta das ), and the gully's are from Upendra.the tune is B at the moment...
hope you enjoy it...

Dhani_

Reply with quote  #9 
Wow, the sustain is incredible!
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #10 

quintino

Reply with quote  #11 
Nice sustain - is it for "stile tarang " ?
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "quintino"
Nice sustain - is it for "stile tarang " ?

hi..i really don't know...

quintino

Reply with quote  #13 
Look here:
tabliya

Reply with quote  #14 
Annamalayaar,

I sent you a PM a few weeks ago to ask about getting a dayan made. If you can please send me a personal message.

Thank you,
T.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.