INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Tabla4ever

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a microphone to be used for indian classical singing (female voice).and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to which make/model etc. may be well-suited for this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #2 
First things first -
1 - Live or Recording
2 - What type of system or generic to be plugged into whatever the house provides
Vocalist Questions:
1 - Generic - ANY female vocalist?
if it's vocalist specific then:
2 - Thin screachy voice? Soft timid voice?? Strong boomy voice??? Smoothe rounded voice????
(NO judgement as to the quality of any of the above -I've worked with all 4 that have made GREAT ICM & put on wonderful shows )
3 - Does the person using this mic have good mic technique? ie: Knows how to move into & out of the range properly - do they sit a mile away - or do they constantly eat the mic?? Those are 2 bad habits that are hard to break don't even try (unless YOU'RE the vocalist hint hint :roll: ).
4 - Are you the soundman/operator looking for a better sounding mic for your arsenal OR are you THE Vocalist or fellow band member looking to carry a descent mic due to the fact that you usually get a $19.95 Radio Shack special shoved in front of you ?

I ask these questions because the answers may save you or cost you hundreds of dollars differance in the price of the mic due to the requirements and demands put on the mic.

Hamletsghost 8)

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.