INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Kids don't pass on this fine instrument with lots of charm(and bondo).http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Carved-String-Instrument-Tamburas-Tambura-India_W0QQitemZ7410768412QQcategoryZ623QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And a pretty nice looking MPS teak Kharaj Pancham http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Made-Sitar-By-Mangla-Prasad-Sharma-Teak-Bone_W0QQitemZ7410772606QQcategoryZ623QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Once in a blue moon I scan the String instruments-other strings to see if nice instruments get listed at a swattin deal due to lack of knowledge on the sellers part, heres a nice Saraswati Veen http://instruments.listings.ebay.com/String_Other-String-Instruments_W0QQfromZR4QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQlopgZ3QQsacatZ623QQsocmdZListingItemList

Reply with quote  #2 
Salaam Again Bhai

LOVERLLEEEE sitar N'est pas?
Had a good laff at the Tamburas for sale. That gourd is 'shagged' as we say in the UK. And what about that damage at the top pegs end?
If you could get it cheap it might be worth pulling apart to re-do properly.
What was used? Bloody concrete?
Was it trampled on by herd of elephants or what?

Nick
dennis

Reply with quote  #3 
I've got 12 Dollars on that Tampura. Another 50-60 dollars in repair items and alot of work and it will be well worth 40 dollars.
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #4 
12 bucks man to rich for my blood . Just the tumba repair scares me, what if its a concrete pour and the gourds fulla cement???. If your serious give us updates on the surgery and hospital bill. In spite of my sarcasm I like to see bashed instruments brought back into the world. :wink:

Reply with quote  #5 
Actually- it looks like a fun challenge as long as I dont spend much. Plus, I'll learn alot in the process. yA- I'll definately keep a post on it if I get it.
TK

Reply with quote  #6 
Dennis:
Are you OUT OF YOUR FRIGGIN MIND? This thing needs pegs, bridges, the top string retainer...If you buy all that stuff it's going to cost you more than the sitar is GOING to be worth AFTER it's EXPERTLY repaired and refinished! And, as Nick stated, the gourd is SHAGGED. Even if you fabricate all the missing parts, it's still going to be a piece of junk after it's EXPERTLY repaired. There's an old saying..."You can't polish a turd."
This thing couldn't even be considered as firewood...the fumes from the burning glue would kill you!
TK

dennis

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TK"
Dennis:
Are you OUT OF YOUR FRIGGIN MIND? This thing needs pegs, bridges, the top string retainer...If you buy all that stuff it's going to cost you more than the sitar is GOING to be worth AFTER it's EXPERTLY repaired and refinished! And, as Nick stated, the gourd is SHAGGED. Even if you fabricate all the missing parts, it's still going to be a piece of junk after it's EXPERTLY repaired. There's an old saying..."You can't polish a turd."
This thing couldn't even be considered as firewood...the fumes from the burning glue would kill you!
TK
I hear you, but I was lookin mostly for a project, if I mess it up- I'm not out anything. Ya- Pegs and Bridge peices could run into a buck or two, but still- I wouldn't pay over 15 bucks for the thing and I'd learn alot trying to do my own repair. But as it turns out, the seller pulled it due to its completly trashed. I would've kept my cost under 100 total and had fun trying to save an instrument from fire wood. oh well. But-Yes- I am out of my friggin mind. Thanks for asking.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.