INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
tablataal

Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone had personal experience with Maharaj musicals tabla. Reviews over at amazon seem great. I just need a tabla for everyday playing and practice. Doesn't need to be concert level.

http://www.amazon.com/MAHARAJA-Finest-Hammer-Cushions-PDI-EA/dp/B0078L3HLS

anyone can share some insights on this?
Thanks in advance!
Tablatastic

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi tablataal

Never had experience with buying tabla from Amazon and would not prefer it.

You may want to speak to Upendra from Sohum Musicals who is also on this forum as I have bought from him a few times and have had custom made tablas according to my preferences.

He will also send you movie clips of sound before you commit to buy ans very prompt at replying to my emails.

You can email him at sohum.tabla@gmail.com
rch

Reply with quote  #3 
I have bought a Dayan,concert style from 'Buy Ragini' on E Bay about 2 years ago. I think I paid about $150 or so. It was good!I would give it a rating of B+. I am quite pleased with it. If you are just buying for daily practice only , you cannot go wrong buying this set. Just in case you are not satisfied , Amazon has a great customer-friendly return policy. Just print out the return label and drop it off at the local UPS store!!
However , If I have to buy a good quality well tuned set, I would probably buy from one of the forum members ( David from VNO or Upendra from Sohum etc).
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.