INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
haldamos

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

I am looking for any tapes, records, videos, whatever, of Rabindranath Tagore's play Khudito Pashan. Specifically, I am looking for the movie version (perhaps directed by Tapan Sinha) which I think had music by Ustad Ali Akbar Khan and Pandit Nikhil Bannerjee.

Any leads to track down either the film or its soundtrack would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

PH

Reply with quote  #2 
Posted a small music clip from a CD of this on esnips & got a nice reply from New York gent with the VCD copy of said movie. He asked if I had any more music. I replied I didn't of that actual NB AAK sitar sarod duet but I have some Amir Khan sahb vocals.
He ended up uploading the VCD in 2 parts for me. I had no luck finding it even in India on VCD OR DVD as my friend says the producers damaged their negative but other countries have copies.

AAK did the music. Go to Esnips & put in the title & it should take you to my upload.

The CD called Classics From Indian Films or similar has 3 or 4 clips of K P.

Nick
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #3 
Much obliged, dear monkey.

Signed in. Can't download the mp3? The .flv is audio only?

Reply with quote  #4 
Yes there's the clip of a kathak dance with the duet music but I also uploaded the music by itself first. I'll check it out.

Nick
haldamos

Reply with quote  #5 
OMIGHSH THANKS!! I haven't attempted the download yet, but will soon when I have a stretch at the computer.

Thanks so much for digging this up; I noticed the lack of hits on this topic and figured it was a lost cause.

Many thanks again.

PH

Reply with quote  #6 
I'd only just seen as I've not been on the computer much as I'm not on the net at home & have to use the local library's. Til next monday when I'll be 'regular' again! :wink:
ANYWAY Here's some links to calm you down a bit.

This first one has the NB AAK duet & Ustad Amir Khan's contributions in audio only.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qn0xyytcvjg

This is the Kathak dance visuals to NB AAK duet from movie.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yummhjmqlyb

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
How did you get on?
I managed to pick up the DVD on the last trip to India, with english subtitles.

Nick
maya112

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks so much for digging this up; I noticed the lack of hits on this topic and figured it was a lost cause.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.