INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
alexd

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello. We have an Indian radio station in Dallas. I'm not Indian but I listen to it sometime. Several weeks ago I heard an amazing song that I'm trying to find the artist's name to. It very rich and I think the best music I ever heard. It was a combination of pop, hip-hop, and techno. I think it had some female vocals. It was fast pace, rich, and multilayered. Really amazing. Anyone know who the artist might be?
goljawari

Reply with quote  #2 
Any additional info.?? Based on the description, this could literally be dozens of artists who are doing great collaboration work between Indian classical and techno-ish stuff. The point is, if you like this kind of sound, then a good place to start is the artist, Karsh Kale. Youtube search him and check out his tracks, is that the kind of sound that you're looking for? Let me know if I can be of any more help.
GJW
alexd

Reply with quote  #3 
It doesn't seem to have been Karsh Kale. The female vocalist sounded the same though. But the song I'm talking about, I think it possibly had multiple vocalists. Karsh Kale was more techno, and repetative. The song I'm looking for was more pop. Like every seconds it was something new, yet it all came together as a whole. It was very rich and colorful. Very well put together. Many types of sounds and instruments were used in that song.
goljawari

Reply with quote  #4 
I think your best bet would be to contact the radio program and see if that works. If you do track down your track, let us know what it is.
GJW
theprosperone

Reply with quote  #5 
Check out the Anouska Shankar/ Karsh Kale album Breathing Underwater and see if you're track is on it. What about MIDIval Punditz? Have you heard of them? Was it anything like either of those? Just giving a few suggestions to check out. Best of luck.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.